Filed under opinion, uncategorized

Beginning of year tips

Some benficial tips on how to start off the school year strong

Planning ahead: Juniors Autumn Peoni and Sophia Ray write down assignments in their planners. Making use of planners is a great way to get ahead in school.

Photo by Joe Schroeder

Photo by Joe Schroeder

Summer often passes quickly for students, and the start of the school year may have caught some off guard. However, it’s not too late to start off the school year off right by being prepared and organized. Here are a few helpful hints to start the school year off on the right foot.

One of the most important tips for a successful school year would be to use your planner as often as possible. There are a lot of students who don’t use their planners at all throughout the whole year, but a planner keeps students organized, tells important information like test dates that are coming up, and is an ideal place to write down homework assignments. The usefulness of the planner depends on how the student uses it. 

“I use my planner because it keeps me organized and on track to a successful school year,” sophomore T.J. LaMarca said.

One of the most important things at the beginning of the school year is to ask for help if confusion is already occurring in a class. One of the worst things a student can do is not ask for help when they are having a hard time understanding class material. It’s always a good idea to ask the students and teachers for help. Teachers are always available and happy to help and if they aren’t they can always schedule a time when they are. 

“I always start by looking through the book to see if I can find the answer I’m looking for. If I can’t find the answer I’ll ask other students or look it up online. Finally, I’ll go to the teacher if I need any more help,” senior Noah Buening said.