Filed under features, uncategorized

Preparing for prom

Students offer advice based on their experience at work

PROM EXPERTISE: Senior Ally Pence works at Sophia's Bridal Tux & Prom.  Pence has spent a good amount of time with eager customers, making her an expert in fashion expertise for the upcoming prom season.

PROM EXPERTISE: Senior Ally Pence works at Sophia's Bridal Tux & Prom. Pence has spent a good amount of time with eager customers, making her an expert in fashion expertise for the upcoming prom season.

Photo by Dave Schrader

Photo by Dave Schrader

Looking for the perfect tux or dress can be a very stressful process. Luckily, there are many stores you can go to for options. Two prominent locations you can find great outfits at are Sophia’s Bridal Tux & Prom, and Louie’s Tux Shop.

These businesses have been welcoming Roncalli students for year, and have provided many Rebels with spiffy outfits for the big night.

There are a few students who work at these shops like junior Claire Alfery and seniors Luke Matis and Ally Pence, who have a lot of experience when it comes to shopping this time of year.

“I have been working at Louie’s for a couple years now so I’m used to this time of year,” said Matis. “It can get pretty hectic at the shops, but the workers are always willing to stop and help if you need it.”

Shopping for the perfect dress can be especially stressful for young ladies. There is a lot of pressure on them to make sure their dress is the best it can possibly be.

Luckily, there are some helpful Rebels who can also give tips and tricks when it comes to picking out your ensemble.

“I would say my best advice is to look around a lot so you don’t buy a dress then find a better one right after,” said Alfery. “That happens a lot where people find a better dress, or realize they don’t really like the one they did buy.”

Trends are something that are huge in fashion. They are everywhere to be found when you look at outfits people used to wear, especially when it comes to dances.

“This year floral and two-piece mermaid dresses are really popular, and anything by Ellie Wilde,”  said Pence.