Tale as old as time

All the reasons why everyone should see this film

BOX OFFICE SUCCESS: Beauty and the Beast hit $260 million sales opening weekend, and was an instant hit. Belle was played by Emma Watson and the Beast was played by Dan Stevens.

Photo by Creative Commons

Photo by Creative Commons

The film “Beauty and the Beast” released March 17, 2017, was one of the most anticipated movies of the year.

This movie is a romance/fantasy directed by Bill Condon.

Belle is a girl trying to save her dad from a beast. The Beast used to be human, but had a curse placed on him for not helping a women during a storm.

Belle’s dad was also looking for shelter during a storm, but he was captured by the Beast and put into his dungeon for the rest of his life.

When Belle finds and saves her dad, she is forced to stay with the beast. During her time with the beast, she falls in love, ultimately saving his life.  

This film had the perfect blend of superb acting, flawless animation, and that little touch of magic that makes anyone feel like a kid again.

The Beast had a very well made animation that made the beast looks like a mix between a human and a wolf. The animation looked so real I thought that it was a costume.

The music in the movie was very good, but I felt like there was a little too much auto-tune on Emma Watson’s voice. If you listen to the opening song, you can hear the auto-tune behind her voice.

Emma Watson, playing the lead, Belle, portrayed her role by staying true to the animation. She showed the viewers the joyfulness Belle had, but she was still able to incorporate the bravery and courageousness though that joy.

“Emma Watson was a perfect Belle, who was happy-go-lucky, but also very courageous,” said sophomore Ashlyn Streicher.

The beast, played by Dan Stevens, was as fierce in the animated movie. He did the voice of the beast very well.

Gaston, played by Luke Evans, stayed true to character. He has a voice that sounds evil, he looks evil, and he overall portrays a villain very well.

“Gaston, while a despised character, was perfect as an arrogant man who sought only the love of Belle,” Streicher said.