Filed under opinion, uncategorized

Justice League

Movie Reviews by Max

Photo by Dave Schrader

Photo by Dave Schrader

Justice League is directed by Zack Snyder and stars Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Ezra Miller, Jason Momoa, Ray Fisher and Henry Cavill. The movie is about Bruce Wayne trying to recover from Superman’s recent death in “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” and finding help from Wonder Women to form the team that we all know as “The Justice League”.
As far as positives go, the movie definitely a step up from “Suicide Squad” and “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice”. It feels like there is life in this universe now, and it finally feels like there is some joy and humor. The characters are actually developed. It’s a pretty much just a short two minute part for the Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg (characters that have not had their own movie yet). It’s not really a problem, though, because the characters are all very likeable and relatable, which is something that should always happen in a team up or a superhero movie. Also, another positive is what the directors do with a character that they haven’t treated so well in the past movies, and that is Superman. I’m not trying to spoil the movie for you, but the movie trailer has already established many of these facts.
The way they bring Superman back is probably the best way they could of brought him back. They finally make him the kind hearted justice filled hero that we know and doesn’t have the personality of a rock like he did in “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice”. However, with all of the positives, there are still some negatives.
The occasional scene had poor special effects, like the mustache that they digitally remove off of Henry Cavill’s face and some of the green screen in the background of different scenes. The only really big negative I found was the unthreatening, horrible looking Steppenwolf, who was the main villain of the movie. It is a big problem because when you have a team up like this one, the bad guy should be the one to unite all of them; the villain shouldn’t be there just to complain the whole time like this one did.
Overall, I think DC is definitely headed in the right direction and they are finally listening to their fan base and critics. The movie did have a very messy production because of the tragic passing of Zack Snyder’s daughter which did allow Joss Whedon to come in and make a bunch of re-shoots for the movie. But in my personal opinion, I feel like the movie flowed very well. This is definitely not a perfect movie, but I think it’s worth an 8.5/10. I hope DC can make their future movies like this because I think the humorous tone does really work for them. Also for all of you comic book geeks out there, stay for the two credit scenes at the end, you’ll love it.

About the Writer
Max Cross, Staff Writer

Maximus Cross is a junior at Roncalli. Max is involved in Lacrosse and Ski Club. After high school, Max  plans to attend IUPUI to study Traveling Photography. This is Max’s first year on staff.