Hola, clase

Back to Article
Back to Article

Hola, clase

HOLA: Ms. Jennifer Riedford teaches in the foreign languages department. She hopes to spread the love of the spanish language to her students.

Photo by Stefan Welsh

Photo by Stefan Welsh

Photo by Stefan Welsh

New foreign language instructor Ms. Jennifer Riedford teaches Spanish 1 and Spanish 2 to students at Roncalli. She recently graduated from the University of Evansville with a major in Spanish Education and a minor in Mathematics. Riedford has moved to Indianapolis from Evansville, and now enjoys to share her love of Spanish with her students.

She enjoys playing the piano, hiking, being outside read, and cheering on the Indianapolis Colts. When she was in sixth grade, Riedford made it all the way to the National Spelling Bee, although she got knocked out in the first round. Riedford’s role model is her mother, who is one of the most hard-working people that she knows.

“She set the example for the type of person I should be,” Riedford said. “She’s one of the reasons I became a teacher: to pass down that type of role model that I should be.”

If a student asked Riedford for advice, she would tell them to be themself.

“I think a lot of times kids in high school worry about being the person other students think they should be,” Riedford says. “If you be yourself and do the things that you love, you will be a much happier person for it.”