Longhorn Commit

Junior Emma Halter commits to The University of Austin, Texas

Photo by John Smith

Heater: Emma Halter serves up a fastball against Martinsville. Halter led the team to a victory with seven aces.

Emma Halter is a current junior that attends Roncalli High School. Halter plays volleyball and has been the varsity libero for three years consecutively. While she remains being the libero the starting cast around her has a much different look this year. The varsity team lost four starting seniors and the roster is much younger than last year.

Halter is looking forward to an outstanding season this year and is hoping to stay injury free after dealing with plantar fasciitis her sophomore season. Since other players on the team are young and therefore inexperienced, Halter had to step up and take on a leadership role this season.

“Emma’s play goes beyond her unmatched talent; she leads by example through her hustle, vocal presence and intensity.  She helps guide her teammates on the court with her impeccable court awareness and she pushes them to be their best.  Emma wants to win and her energy, spirit, and love for the game is contagious,” Head Varsity Coach Christina Erazmus said. 

Halter grew up in a volleyball family, constantly watching her older sister play for IUPUI. This greatly contributed to her always being a workhorse when it comes to improving her abilities on the court. 

“I would describe myself as driven and passionate,” Halter said.

Halter’s effort in practice shows on game day and is a vital part to the success of the team so far this year.

“Emma’s incredible ball control and defensive abilities provides our team multiple opportunities to be successful offensively.  She leads the team in aces (27) and digs (351).  She is a playmaker who gives everything she has every point,” Erazmus said. 

Being an honors student athlete Emma Halter has developed great time management skills and also great discipline which is going to help her while she is going to be a collegiate student athlete.

After high school Emma Halter plans on attending Texas University located in Austin to continue her volleyball career.

“I am looking forward to meeting new people, getting to know the city, and competing,” Halter said.