On the way to State

The wrestling is coming strong
BONDING%3A+For+their+last+year+wrestling+together+both+Getz+brothers+advance+to+state.+I+am+mentally+going+through+my+match+and+our+game+plan+for+the+first+round.+Positive+affirmations+keep+my+head+ready%2C+said+Braden+Getz.+
Photo by John Smith
BONDING: For their last year wrestling together both Getz brothers advance to state. “I am mentally going through my match and our game plan for the first round. Positive affirmations keep my head ready,” said Braden Getz.

Headed to state this weekend at Evansville are sophomores Blake Getz and Peyton Schoettle who both placed 1st in semi- state, junior James Dozier who placed 4th place in semi-state and returning to state for the second time in his career, senior Braden Getz who placed 1st in semi-state.   

It feels great. After falling short last year, I have been working harder to get back to where I was. It is a relief that all my work paid off,” Braden Getz said. 

The State Championship instead of being held at Gainbridge Fieldhouse in downtown Indianapolis is at the Ford Center in Evansville and the ticket price is $7 per person with kids under the age of 5 admitted free. 

Sophomore Blake Getz is preparing for his match in the 2nd wave of matches on Friday. 

“Calm myself down and not worry about how big the tournament is,” Blake Getz said.